Wednesday | Words
So much about creating an ideal home (and an ideal life) is about embracing opposing truths. Our homes should reflect who we are, but just as importantly who we want to be. We should be grateful for the homes we have, but also have a vision for what home could be.
Today, in the spirit of gratitude, I've listed 5 of my house-related items I don't want to take for granted:
1. Front porch. Now that I have one, I feel like it's pre-requisite for any house. Back porches are great and all too, but something about a front-porch creates the perfect balance between privacy and engagement.
2. Dining table for 8 = room to feed and entertain friends.
3. Love loveeee our neighborhood. Filled with the cutest craftsman- style homes and walking distance to good restaurants/coffee shops.
4. Having a yard. I've really only lived in apartments before this house, so this is huge. I've loved having my herb garden. Though I will admit, it's currently being neglected. Basil is freakishly resilient though, for those who don't know.
5. I wrote yesterday about my love of books. My room has some of my staples, but because I live with two roommates currently, I get to enjoy some of what they came with. We have a pretty impressive assortment of art and design-related coffee table books that make me happy just to see displayed in our living room. Whenever I do take the time to flip through them, it makes me even happier.